Google offers a free (if fewer than 90 million impressions/month) and very powerful Ad Server called DFP Small Business.
When I started using Google’s DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) Small Business I first had some troubles to understand how it works. The DFP Small Business Help Pages help you solve specific problems but I could not find an easy to understand tutorial on how to setup and use DFP Small Business. It took me over half a year to wrap my head around everything that I needed to run DFP as my Ad Server with all the features I required.
To spare you the learning curve here is a step by step tutorial on how to use DFP Small Business as Ad Server to serve your Ads (including AdSense Ads) on your websites.
Table of contents:
- Introduction into DFP Small Business
- How to setup Ad Units so that you can serve Ads via DFP Small Business
- How to setup a campaign for an Advertiser that booked Advertising on your website
- How to set up Google AdSense as Line Item using DFP Small Business
- How to set up Google AdSense using DFP Small Business build in AdSense option
- How to set up AdSense using DFPs build in AdSense option – Async Version
- How to run Split Tests with DFP Small Business
- How to make AdSense compete with your other Ad inventory in DFP Small Business
- Using DFP Small Business for opening AdSense in a new window
- DFP Small Business Line Item Settings Explained
- How to roadblock creatives, run site takeovers or serve a Wallpaper Ad with DFP
- DFP goes asynchronous with its new Google Publisher Tag. Time to switch
- One Hour Presentation of DFP Consultant Rainey Smith
- Official Google DFP Small Business Tutorial Videos
First Step: Introduction into DFP Small Business
Posted by – Last Updated: 18.04.2012